The Program Director and Assistant Director coordinates the year-round admissions process of applicants seeking admission to KPAT. Responsibilities include providing individual counseling to potential applicants, processing applicants, collaborating with PCC Health Sciences Division regarding admission into the college and evaluation of required courses for admission to KPAT.
Students are chosen based on:
- A complete application packet (application and transcripts from high school and college).
- Completion of all prerequisite courses.
- Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher in the prerequisite courses.
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal interview
The following procedures are taken to select students:
- After the application deadline, the AdmissionsCommittee reviews all applicant files.
- The Admissions Committee will review all qualifications of applicants including academic transcripts, work experience, personal achievements (awards, certifications, community service), and written essay.
- The members of the Admission Committee include:
- Representatives of the Faculty from PCC and KPAT
- KPAT student
- PCC Admissions Advisor
- Health Sciences Division Dean
- Final candidates will be selected for the interview process.
- Interview Process:
- The final candidate arrives 30 minutes prior to the scheduled interview time.
- Committee members receive an applicant interview worksheet regarding the applicant’s background.
- The candidate is interviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- The members of the Committee score the applicant interview worksheet. The score sheets are collected after each interview. The candidates with the highest scores are selected for admission to the program.
- Alternates: Alternates are selected by the Admission Committee. In the event that an applicant who is selected for admission into the program resigns before the start date, the faculty from KPAT will select an alternate for admission to program. The alternate will be notified of their status via telephone from the KPAT Program Director and in written form.
- Student admission will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of PCC and KPAT background checks, drug screening, and health clearance.
The Kaiser Permanente Anesthesia Technology Program is fully committed to the Equal Opportunity Policy of the parent organization, Kaiser Permanente and PCC.